Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Safely and efficiently performs lay-up of materials onto the press line and performs putty patching of materials on the press line in the manufacturing of Engineered Laminate Hybrid Flooring.
Major Functions and Scope: Using brief narrative statements, describe each major function or responsibility explaining the scope of the function as appropriate.
• Complies with all safety rules and procedures
• Participates in Safety, Quality, and Process Improvement initiatives in the department by way of Improvement Ideas and OPL’s.
• Ability to work efficiently in a high speed, highly automated manufacturing process.
• Supplies material (backer, glue, and veneer) to specific location on press line as needed to ensure non-stop production.
• Performs putty/patching of boards in a timely and efficient manner to keep up with production demands.
• Performs any job on the line to maintain efficiency (backer lay-up, glue lay-up, veneer lay-up, putty).
• Performs dimensional and quality checks on materials periodically while putty/patching boards.
• Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization as needed. Escalate issues to Press Operator, leadership, maintenance, engineering, supervision, management as needed.
• Performs daily and weekly housekeeping responsibilities
• Assists operator with clearing jams when required. Follows instructions as given by operator.
• Able to flex schedule and work location to meet production and schedule demands.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by management