We are always in search of Difference Makers to help us generate solutions and solve problems so that we can continue flooring the imagination of our customers; while providing value to their lives. We're redefining flooring with products that not only minimize climate impact but also foster beauty and allow people to connect and thrive.
If you would like to make a direct impact with a multi-billion dollar Fortune 500 global leader in flooring fashions, while making the world a better place, then we have an exciting leadership opportunity for you!
Mohawk Industries is the world’s largest flooring company – and we are growing. We are a Fortune 500 company (NYSE: MHK) and our competitive advantages are huge.
Safely and efficiently performs lay-up of materials onto the press line and performs putty patching of materials on the press line in the manufacturing of Engineered Laminate Hybrid Flooring.
Major Functions and Scope: Using brief narrative statements, describe each major function or responsibility explaining the scope of the function as appropriate.
• Complies with all safety rules and procedures
• Participates in Safety, Quality, and Process Improvement initiatives in the department by way of Improvement Ideas and OPL’s.
• Ability to work efficiently in a high speed, highly automated manufacturing process.
• Supplies material (backer, glue, and veneer) to specific location on press line as needed to ensure non-stop production.
• Performs putty/patching of boards in a timely and efficient manner to keep up with production demands.
• Performs any job on the line to maintain efficiency (backer lay-up, glue lay-up, veneer lay-up, putty).
• Performs dimensional and quality checks on materials periodically while putty/patching boards.
• Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization as needed. Escalate issues to Press Operator, leadership, maintenance, engineering, supervision, management as needed.
• Performs daily and weekly housekeeping responsibilities
• Assists operator with clearing jams when required. Follows instructions as given by operator.
• Able to flex schedule and work location to meet production and schedule demands.
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by management
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled