- Fills out pre shift inspection forms before getting on forklift.
- Loads and unloads all manufacturing items used and produced in manufacturing from trailers.
- Loads and unloads trailers on a daily basis.
- Physically stores and locates raw material
- Uses computerized inventory system to store and retrieve materials.
- Verifies each pallet of material matches the manufacturing order before loading the buffer or loading material onto a truck to be shipped.
- Informs line operators of materials staged on the floor and in the production line.
- Enters information and data into a computer system.
- Performs housekeeping duties such as seeping floors, cleaning under buffer and conveyors, taking out trash and other housekeeping duties as needed.
- Perform quality checks on incoming raw materials including, measuring material to determine if material meets milling specifications.
- Operate industrial trucks, conveyors, carts and buffer and performs daily inspections on equipment as required.
- Keep raw materials separated and ready to load onto production lines by product specifications and line requirements.
- Communicates to oncoming shift how much is left and where material is for current order and where the next order is staged.
- Returns empty pallets and protector boards to the correct area.
- Charges and changes batteries during the shift.
- Performs housekeeping duties such as sweeping floors, cleaning under buffer and conveyors, taking out trash and other housekeeping duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by members of management.
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Minimum of 6 months of previous industrial lift/reach truck experience.
- Previous material handling experience in an automated manufacturing production environment is highly preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend manuals used in the plant.
- Perform mathematical calculations, including conversion to metric systems.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed