Mohawk Industries is the leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Bigelow, Daltile, Durkan, Karastan, Lees, Marazzi, Mohawk, Pergo, Unilin, Quick-Step and IVC. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant.
EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLED
Participate in development and run trials of new fiber, yarn and carpet constructions. Ready designs and constructions to be commercialized, specify carpet constructions and test requirements.
High School diploma and 5 years job specific experience that includes the following:
- Solid understanding of yarn, fiber and carpet processes;
- Extensive experience in test/experiment design and experiment planning;
- Knowledge of construction specifications and test requirements;
- Experience measuring product aesthetics and performance against benchmarks;
- Technical understanding of production machinery.
An understanding of Mohawk plant systems, and manufacturing processes a plus.
Advanced personal computer skills (AS400) and Excel, a working knowledge of Diver and Sequel a plus.
- Good oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills to effectively exercise tact, discretion, judgment and diplomacy when interacting and/or negotiating with internal and external customers on a daily basis.
- Ability to manage a large number of projects concurrently.
- Ability to address complex issues utilizing a clear thoughtful manner, and to come to resolution without jeopardizing events/conventions or relationships with people involved.
- Ability to formulate creative ideas, and analyze and evaluate processes to ensure test parameters are met.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse work group to achieve results through team efforts, and the desire and ability to motivate, persuade and direct the activities of others.
- Ability to read, write and interpret routine reports and correspondences.
- Attention to detail a must.
- Flexible and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks in order to deliver desired outcomes within allotted time frames.